Land Grant from the Penn family to A-1 Hans Brubaker, 1747
The original land grant from William Penn’s family for 125-1/2 acres of land which would now be around what is considered the intersection of PA Rt. 741 (Rohrerstown Road) and PA Rt. 23 (Marietta Pike) and surrounding land in the Village of Rohrerstown.
The image to the right shows the approximate location of this plot of land, shaded in yellow-green. The red outlined areas are the original purchases by the Brubaker cousins/brothers, Christian Hershey, and Peter Swarr.
(For more information on this see “The Brubakers And Their Lands in East Hempfield Township, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania” by Landis H. Brubaker; PA Mennonite Heritage, April, 1982, page 12, Figure #5)