Brubaker Mennonite Meetinghouse Cemetery, Lancaster, PA
This is a panoramic view of the Rohrerstown Mennonite Church (north) cemetery, also known as the Brubaker Mennonite Meetinghouse Cemetery, located just horth of the US Rt 30 – PA Rt 741 (Rohrerstown Road) interchange in East Hempfield Township, Lancaster County, PA.
Situated about a mile north of the Village of Rohrerstown, this was the site of the relocated Abbeville Mennonite Meetinghouse in 1792. The Abbeville Meetinghouse was originally located just west of Lancaster City, situated near or on the south east corner of the original 1000 acre tract of Hans Brubaker (A-1), which was approximately 2-1/2 to 3 miles south east of this present location. Here Bishop Jacob Brubaker (B-19), a moderator of the Lancaster Mennonite Conference, preached. This meetinghouse was replaced by a larger church in 1854, which served until 1895, when the congregation built a new church in Rohrerstown, which stands to this day.